Monday, October 28, 2013

Bom Dia October 28, 2013


Bom Dia,
So this week we did not baptize . . . but Saturday we will be baptizing a lady from Haiti. Her name is N. She speaks Spanish, so we were able to communicate with her pretty well. She’s awesome! All the people from Haiti are awesome!!! They are so open and friendly. We are going to try and baptize two more people this Sunday, too... my b-day!! It will be a good present for sure.
The work is going well here. It’s a lot harder than Tamandaré. We have knocked a lot of doors and had hard time finding new [people to teach]. It’s been over 2 months that there hasn’t been a baptism here, but we're working hard to change that.

Fun Facts:
·         Everyone here in the ward calls me Elder DiCaprio... apparently I look like Leonardo DiCaprio haha.
·         I have learned a few words in French, but I don’t have a lot of interest in learning it.

·         This week Elder J. Santos has sung "Johnny Be Good" and "Don't You Want Me Baby" in the shower more than once. haha
          ·       The second package I sent to you came back :(((((( I give up and sending packages
            to you guys. I think I’m just going to brink [bring He really is losing his English!]
            a suitcase full of stuff home for you.
 
Mom!!!! I got my packages!!! I’m trying to wait to open them, but it’s very tempting!! And yes Mom I got the package from the distribution center. THANK YOU. The pants fit way better. And I think I’m fine on the water filters now... you def don’t need to send any more, I’m still using the first one haha.

I think the race track is actually in Pinhais... It’s another city [separate from Curitiba]... It’s hard to tell where Pinhais starts and Curitiba stops, but technically my area is in another city. 

Dad!!! I want pics of the pumpkin. To make the pumpkin eating a pumpkin eating a pumpkin the last one has to be like one of the little tiny ones that cost like 50 cents. Maybe it’s possible? ha And were you using the router to make the saw table or what? I want pics of that too. And the Halloween party sounds fun... a couple more years and you and mom won’t even need to paint your hair to be "old people" :)

Ryan!! I still didn’t get your package, but I’m sure it’s on its way. I’m jealous man, I want to see Deep Love [Halloween rock opera in Rexburg.] again... but you need to be the sax guy—that was half the fun! It looks like you are going on lots of dates and I hope it stays that way. I want to be an uncle. ha The Lehi's Vision pumpkin is sweet! Oh... Tamandaré wasn’t my first area ha, but it was hard to leave. 7 and a half months almost!!
Remi!!! Keep getting up for seminary bud! It’s good for you! It’ll put hair on your chest. ha What do you want for your b-day, bud?? 

Requests for Christmas . . . good rechargeable batteries. The _____ for Elder Santos, and money to buy present for you guys haha. I know it takes the significance out of the present... but I’m poor here.
I would send pics, but the batteries in my camera are dead so I need to get new ones again! That's why rechargables would be great :)
Well I love you all!!! I miss you all a ton today!!
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment