Thursday, October 25, 2012

One month down! October 24, 2012

Milkshake at Mr. Cheney's. Thanks for the pic MissionTies.com!
 
Oiii Mom, Dad, Ryan and Remi!!
 
It was so good to hear from you today... Ryan your trip sounds awesome!!! I am so jealous. Venice sounds amazing!!! I hope I can go there one day! Remington I love that you are quoting “Had a Bad Day” to Gma haha that made me laugh. And good luck with buying the blower!!
 
Mom, Ryan and especially Dad!! Thank you for the answer on my questions. Dad you really went above and beyond on it and I feel a lot better about it from reading what you wrote. I think I am going to make a habit of asking you for advice haha. Today the Temple was better than it has been before too, so my testimony is definitely building every week. And Mom thank you for your answer, it helped as well. And you too Ryan! They were all very helpful for me.
 
I am turning into quite the scriptorian, too. I have found scriptures on everything!! And I am on page 212 of the book of Mormon! I am trying to read it cover to cover before I leave the CTM!
Other than that, I am just cramming Portuguese and the Gospel into my head every day! Nothing super exciting has happened really; it’s all becoming routine... except today is my halfway point!! So that’s cool. Half way in the CTM and first month down of the mission!! It weird to say I’ve been out for a month. It feels like a long time but a month is crazy ha.

Today at the temple I talked to a Portuguese guy for a long time and it was cool. I could understand most of what he said! It’s so exciting!! But I have had a really hard time with the different accents. Some of them are hard!! I swear they are speaking a different language ha.

This week for devotional, the choir sang “Joseph Smith’s First Prayer.” My whole district is in the choir... we sang it super well, and when we were done singing the CTM president got up and was crying and asked for us to sing it again. So we did and it was even better!! Then the speaker, who is the mission president for Sao Paulo got up to speak and he was crying!! The spirit was so strong that whole devotional! It was awesome.

Other than that not too much has happened. We play volleyball every day for gym and we are getting better and better at that ha. One of the guys in my district rolled his ankle super bad and it was so swollen!! He asked me to give him a Priesthood blessing, so I did, and it’s already healing up! He’s off the crutches now, so that strengthens my testimony of the priesthood power!
 
Oh, and yes mom I still have cookie money! [We got him a gift certificate to Mr. Cheney’s, that apparently works for milkshakes, too!] I got two more today! Thank you again for that!!
 
Anyway I am loving being here at the CTM. I can’t believe it’s been a month! The spirit is so strong here and I am growing every day.
 
I love you all and miss you all. Please keep me in your prayers especially with the language! I pray for you all every day. I love you so much.
 
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment