Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First Real Letter September 26, 2012

Oi,

Como Vai? Meu nome’ e Elder Miller, e este e’ o’meu companiero Elder Farr. No’s somos missionarios de a Igreja de Jesus Christo dos Santo dos Ultimos dias…
Well, Hi Mom & Dad and Remi.
This first Day has been quite an adventure. The Red Eye, 11 hour flight was the start of a very long day. I only slept about 2 hours on the flight. So I’m pooped! But on the plane I sat next to a psychiatrist who studied religion,  but lost his faith in God over the years. He was traveling to give a lecture at a University. Anyway, we talked for hours and mostly about religion. I told him about the First Vision, and the Plan of Salvation and gave him a pass along card. I doubt it will result in anything, he is very firm in his beliefs, but it was a good conversation at the very least.
Also, it served as a wake-up call to me! At some point during our conversation, I stopped and thought about where I was headed and what I was preparing to do. Some of his questions were very challenging and I almost wished I had you there, Dad, to answer them. But I realized that is what I will be doing for the next two years, so I sucked it up and did the best I could, and it went surprisingly well… Now, if I can just learn Portuguese I will be set!! Ha ha.
But the CTM has been quite an adventure! Sao Paulo is insane! The traffic is crazy. The city is massive and there is so many people crammed in it! But there is so much color and graffiti and culture it’s awesome! I love it so far and I am excited to explore on P-day with my companion Elder Farr. He has dreamy eyes. Ha. He is super cool and he’s from North Carolina! Well, I love you guys and I will write again soon.

Love,
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment