Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Beleza! 26 May 2014

Elders Loyola, Miller and Bell with A., who was baptized last week and confirmed this week.

Beleza!

Well, this week was good. We confirmed A., and we baptized a 16-year-old named G. . . . It was a miracle. ha 

We were trying to baptize 35 in our zone . . . and the two people we wanted to baptize  in our area fell through..(One went traveling and the other's parents didn’t want to let her be baptized) . . . So we didn’t know what to do. But we three fasted from Wednesday to Thursday and the on Thursday night we stopped by the church to use the bathroom, and they were having seminary and the teacher said, "Elders, we have a reference for you!" G. was there and when they introduced us to him I was surprised, because I had seen him at church a few times and at seminary and I thought he was already a member. We talked for a minute and then we grabbed a class room and started teaching him. After the prayer the first thing he said was, "I really want to get rid of my sins and feel closer to God." haha I was like "Amigo, have you ever heard of baptism?" haha We taught him for a while and then again on Friday and Saturday, and then on Sunday night he was baptized!!! Miracles. ha His family went and they all loved it and cried a lot. Now, on Thursday we have an appointment to teach them too. :) Yes!

Elders Loyola, Miller and Bell with G. and the friend who baptized him.

Our zone was the highest baptizing again this month. We had 40 baptisms . . . (We only baptized 9 this week . . . 15 people that had dates didn’t end up being baptized . . . 9 were pushed back to next week and 6 just got lazy.) I think there is a lot of room for improvement in our zone. There are lots of missionaries that didn’t baptize and a few that baptized a lot. I want to have a month were every missionary baptizes in the zone! That [would] be cool!

Unfortunately, today I’m sick. It’s getting cold here and I woke up this morning feeling really poopy. I took some medicine and ate three oranges . . . So hopefully I get better soon. ha

Mom, you’re a trooper. Good luck on the 50-miler! That’s going to be a challenge for sure. Way to stick out the last couple miles after your crash. Ha And yes I got the pic of the missionary putting on armor. I hung it up on the wall where I study.

Dad, you guys eat like kings. haha You’re going to build the power cage or buy one?? 

Ryan, I’ve heard lately that the best beaches in Brasil are in Natal . . .  Have you looked at tickets, yet?? There are lots of people in Curitiba excited for our visit now. ha

Remi, way to tackle 25 miles. You’re a trooper, bud! I hope the 50 goes well today. Don’t give up! And the project? How’s it going?

Well, I love you all. It’s crazy I only have three months left. Please, keep me and my zone in your prayers . . . We need them!!

Elder Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment