Monday, May 19, 2014

Oi from Curitiba 19 May 2014

Well this week was good.

We baptized A. this week, he is a 70-year-old man who loves singing hymns and he is super funny. ha. His wife passed away in June and I know we knocked his door for reason. He has really enjoyed hearing the messages and the gospel has helped him a lot.

When I was baptizing him his legs came out from underneath him and we almost went down together, but I got him back up thankfully. ha... He’s a heavy guy.

Also, this week Moroni Torgan [The first Mormon elected to Brazil’s Congress.] came and visited our mission. He knows his stuff!! It seems like he has memorized the standard works. haha It was an awesome experience and a real spiritual boost!

He helped us set a baptismal goal for this coming week, in a leadership meeting with just us zone leaders, and we set a goal of 232 baptisms this week... which is a ton. But it was prayerfully considered and received by revelation, ha so we are going to work hard to make it happen!

I didn’t get the email this week from the family. Just from dad... IDK if it didn’t send [We did re-send it.] or what...but write me back if you get this email within the next hour. [We did that, too.] ha

Well I love you all,
I’ll try and send a pic of the baptism,


Elder Miller

Elders Loyola, Miller and Bell with A.

No comments:

Post a Comment