Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Carnival March 5, 2014

Well, Carnival here in Pinhais isn’t anything like it is in Rio. ha Nobody really celebrates . . . but the ward had  a sweet activity in Colombo (another city) and President let me and Elder Ceasar da Silva go. We took M., an investigator we have been teaching for about a week now . . . He is way cool. He went to church last week and loved it. He’s 18 and the youth really welcomed him and made him feel good. Tonight he is going to go with us to an activity at the chapel and hopefully we can baptize him here soon.

We worked really hard this past week and found a lot of people . . . but none that are serious. It’s been a little frustrating, but I’m working on being patient and trying to find the "elects" here in my small area.

All of my recent converts are doing well. A., M., F. and J. went to the activity and loved it. We played pool and caught a fish. (I’ll send pics)

 Elder Miller trying to look cool on a hot day. 
When asked if that was a snow cone at his feet he said, no, it was fish bait.
Elder Miller and Elder Ceasar da Silva and ???

Dad, Brasilians don’t throw water during carnival [like Scott saw in Ecuador] . . . they throw eggs and flour. ha But here in Pinhais no one really celebrates. They just travel and visit family. Way to go on the weight loss!!! You skinny now!
Mom”
Mom, my zone is good. This last week was hard because of Carnival . . . but this week I think we will have a lot of baptisms.
Also, I loved the comment on Ryan’s email*. I was really confused and I’m glad you cleared that up, Mom. [That was Dad who “cleared” it up. See conversation at the bottom.]

Ryan, the Nikes are sweet dude! I’m jealous you have been hitting up the gym. I want to go so bad! ha I’m weak and out of shape. Sorry [that] the cute girl left your branch... but at least you got to go air boating . . . that looks sweet!!

Remington . . . I loved the pics of you working on the trimmer . . . You’re an expert now. Why did you take the basketball hoop down? Or was it the wind? [The wind.] That’s awesome you get to see Ryan a lot now. It’s good that he lives close by.
Well, I love you all!
Elder Miller


The conversation of pure silliness Elder Miller referred to above:

*
Ryan to Elder Miller about his dinner at home on Sunday evening:
“I got home after midnight Sunday from having some din din with the fam bam (thus I'm writing my email now, ironically at  3 am, so worse than Sunday would have been). IT was delish. In the Mom-Dad duo fashion there were some mouth-watering burgers made and devoured. Remi had two, did I tell you what he's having for dessert tomorrow? (Shout out to my homie, Remi, for always thinking one step ahead when it comes to food preparation.) 
“Gidget [puppy] has gotten huge really fast. She is now as big as Truman was (I think). From her size you'd think I hadn't been home to visit in three months instead of one. Mom would still say it was three. She still goes berserk when I come home to visit and when she meets you I am sure she will pee herself with excitement. And then you can clean it up, yay!”

From Dad to Elder Miller about the above quote:
“Reece, I don’t usually comment on Ryan’s emails, but I have to mention one thing regarding this: ‘From her size you'd think I hadn't been home to visit in three months instead of one. Mom would still say it was three. She still goes berserk when I come home to visit and when she meets you I am sure she will pee herself with excitement.’
 “Ryan was talking about Gidget, not Mom.

From Mom to everyone:
“Actually, it probably works either way!

From Dad to Mom (and everyone else, too):
“And your size is just fine. But the peeing has to stop.”

From Elder Miller to everyone:
I loved the comment on Ryan’s email. I was really confused and I’m glad you cleared that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment