Monday, February 24, 2014

On His Fifth Pair of Shoes February 24, 2014

Oiii,

Well, I am still district leader... of 8 sisters... but I am also ZONE LEADER too. ha It’s a lot of responsibility. I’m probably gunna go bald this transfer.... President changed the mission up quite a bit and now every zone only has one zone leader... our zone if the highest baptizing zone (Zone Tarumâ) in the mission.. I’ll attach the newsletter from the mission to prove it. ha I’ve been a little stressed, but I feel like I got the hang of it now.
My new comp is Elder Cesar da Silva... He just finished being trained and he is a way nice guy. I think we are going to have lots of success together. 
We didn’t baptize Th... But he will be baptized but in another ward.
Mom... thanks for putting money in my account. I still have the boots from Elder Cruz's dad... but they are a little small and gave me two ingrown toenails so I stopped using them. [I have trashed] 4 pair of shoes already haha ... We walk a lot. I will [go buy some shoes] thanks for the money!!!  That’s awesome Aunt Lana is going to visit... Of course Remi can stay in my room. ha He cannot use my clothes... but anything else he can! I’m doing fine on the necessities... so in the package it can be just food ha... and maybe one more Axe messy hair paste wouldn’t hurt. And thank you so much for sending flowers [to Kent’s funeral], Mom. Did Herman talk to you about the funeral? He didn’t write me, yet. I love you.
Dad, every time I get on here your goal is lower and lower ha... you have to stop at some point. At this rate you will be under 100 pounds by the time I’m home. 
Ryan... I’m now with my 5th comp here in this area... Ryan... you need to stop impressing 8-year-olds and start going after women your age... I want to be an uncle someday ha. JK... But you do look like a Ken doll. I loved the iHop experience... I want to do stuff like that after the mish. Loved the Cake song lyric poem* with the spiritual adaptation. ha I think I'm going to use it for my planner cover!
Remington you stud! That’s sweet you made some friends that live close by our house and go to your school. Did you get your Echo edger fixed?? That’s good you’re helping dad out a lot.... and that Aunt Lana is going to visit you guys! What did you cook on cook day???
Well, I love you all.... thanks for all the love and support.
Elder Miller

* The Cake song re-write Elder Miller referred to, and great advice from his older brother:
Endure to the end, Elder. You are running out of time to be in the full time service of the Lord and you will look back on these two years as some of the most fulfilling of your life. You have trials and difficulties yes, but you will miss the days you were able to focus solely on the work of the Lord. I love you, bro. You're in my prayers and I pray for your success as well as my own in our missionary efforts. Finish strong. In the words of a famous Cake song:

    As they speed through the finish, the flags go down.
    The fans get up and they get out of town.
    The arena is empty except for one man,
    Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
    The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
    And long ago somebody left with the cup.
    But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns.
    And thinking of someone (Christ) for whom he still burns. 

Love,

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Elder Miller, it's awesome to read about all the work your doing. You are an OUTSTANDING example. Your shoes are an excellent testimony too. Keep them or send them home so you can share them while telling me where they have walked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenny, I passed on your kind comments to Reece! Thank you.

      Delete