Monday, September 23, 2013

Pink Hats and Hospitals. September 23, 2013


Helo todo mundo!

Well, this week was good! We had 7 investigators at church and marked two baptismal dates for this Sunday!! And hopefully G will get baptized this Sunday, too!! Woo!
Elder Eulogio is doing really well with everything. His training is going really well and it’s nice. He really wants to be here! ha. 

Mom, don’t freak out but I went to the hospital this week haha. I ripped a muscle in my back ha. IDK [I don’t know] how . . . on Wednesday I woke up with a cramp in my back (I thought it was a cramp) but we worked all day. Then on Thursday I woke up and I couldn’t sit up haha... Literally: I couldn’t get out of bed. I sleep on the top bunk so I rolled over and fell out of bed and onto the floor ha. It was weird and hurt a ton. I felt like an old crippled grandpa. But our neighbors, who are members, took us to the hospital. And they took an x-ray and gave me some drugs. The doctor said I ripped a muscle (I didn’t really understand what he was saying, actually, because he was using a bunch of medical terms. ha) but I’m taking some medicine three times a day to help with the pain and everything and it’s fine now.
I can’t believe I’m at the year mark. It’s gone by fast. It’s weird to think I still have a year left ha . . . but I’m enjoying the mission and can’t complain about anything :)

Dad, I liked that quote* [From our stake conference. See bottom of page.] so much I’m printing it out. I printed out your talk, too BTW [by the way]. Congrats with the progress in the garage and with the Miata ha. I’m stoked to see it all here in another year :)


Mom, that’s awesome Brad is gunna stay with you guys. I wish our family was closer and did stuff like that more often.


Ryan, I can’t believe your graduating here soon. Mom told me they bought tickets already to see your graduation . . . I can’t believe it ha it will be weird going to school without you, Bro!!

Remington . . . WAKE UP FOR SEMINARY YOU BUM!!! You need to learn about this stuff! It’s important! ha!

Well, I love you all. I'm going to send some pics here in a sec too.

Elder Miller
 
 
 
Pics:

From the hospital . . . they gave me an IV with medicine ha, and I ended up teaching the nurse. ha

 
I like to read with pink hats sometimes.

 
My comp is really tall, so it looks really funny when we wait at the bus stop. ha
 


It hailed this week. There were some the size of golf balls almost. I took the pic after they had almost completely melted, but it was crazy.


 
*The quote mentioned was President Gordon B. Hinckley quoting Jenkins Lloyd Jones:
 
“[The fact is] most putts don’t drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. …
“Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.
“The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride” (“Big Rock Candy Mountains,” Deseret News, 12 June 1973, A4).



No comments:

Post a Comment