Wednesday, July 17, 2013

S'mores and White Man Jumping July 15, 2013


Oi Todo Mundo,
This week was awesome! We baptized R! It was a miracle, too, haha. He had a baptismal date for the 10th of August, but he was already ready to be baptized, so we went there on Thursday night and talked with about a ton of stuff. We had a heart-to-heart conversation and there was like 10 times during the conversation where I was blown away by how much the experiences I have had in my life were able to help him. At the end of the conversation we marked a date for the 20th (this coming Saturday) and he was way excited ...

Then Friday night Elder E. came to do the baptismal interview. Then later, when we spoke to President Monteiro (who is awesome by the way)  he said, if R. is ready to be baptized why wait one more week.... so then we went in and talked with R. and asked him if he would be okay with moving his date to this Saturday (it was Friday night LOL) and he said he was fine with it. Haha Miracles happen. 

The baptismal service was simple and didn’t have a lot of people there, but, none the less ,the Spirit was. I’m so happy for R!! Ha On Saturday night we made a fire outside at his house and I bought the stuff to make s'mores ha and taught everyone how to make s'mores, and they loved it! It was awesome though. I sat back at one point and looked around at everyone. E. and I. were both there (R. is E’s boyfriend (soon to be husband) and I’s uncle) (we baptized all three of them) and K (I's boyfriend) who is preparing to go on mish [mission] (he’s been teaching with us a lot) was there too. I really feel like I am making a difference here, and helping every one of these people!
 

Making s'mores in Brazil. It's winter there.

I'll attach pics of the baptism and the s'mores! Other than that, everything is going well here. The work's going well, and we found a new family this week that has a lot of potential.

I hope you’re all doing well. I don’t have an email from you guys Mom and Dad ...  did you send it to the wrong email again? [Yes, we did. But Scott read this while Elder Miller was still online and we were able resend it!] Ha Did you send the package yet, Mom? I’m excited for it!

Ryan, sounds like you’re having fun, man. Thanks for saying goodbye to Truman for me. You’re in my prayers that you sell a ton! Ha

Love you all, 
Elder Miller


Love the "somebody needs a hug" expression on Elder Miller's face!



 P-day fun with Elder Cruz and ??? K. that has been teaching with them?
Who says white men can't jump?

No comments:

Post a Comment