Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It was a Whopper of a good week! July 22, 2013


Oii tudo mundo,
We had transfers this week... and happily both Elder Cruz and I are staying! There are lots of people to baptize here and I want one more transfer to get it done!
The biggest news I have is probably that I'm the new district leader. It’s a little stressful, but nothing I can’t handle... and I’m actually really excited to do baptismal interviews for the other missionaries in the district... I think I will be good at it!
We had 4 investigators at church this week. G. and one of her daughters, C., went... and they stopped drinking coffee finally! So we should be able to baptize them here in a little bit.

A. also went. He’s a guy. Here in Brasil A. is a guy’s name. Ha, but IDK [I don't know] if I already explained about A. or not. He’s awesome! We've been teaching him for a while now (He was a reference from the Bishop.). He’s dating a member of the church and really likes how she has standards and the way her family is so loving and friendly, so he was really interested in the church before we even taught him. They have been dating for about a year, and he went to a few ward activities with her (She’s lives in a different ward.) and really liked it. He has already changed a ton. He was partying on the weekends, but because of his girlfriend’s example he’s really changed!! It’s awesome. Anyway we have been teaching him for a while and he now has a baptismal date for the 11th of August. Yesterday was his first time at church and he loved it. He participated really well in the classes (I taught Gospel Principles again... for the 10th time I think ha) and told everyone that talked to him that he was going to be baptized on the 11th ha. It was awesome. Tonight were going to go by and make cookies with him and teach him the law of chastity! It should be fun!
A. is another investigator that I really feel prepared to help. It’s crazy how god prepared me to help the people in my area... or at least put the people that I can help in my path. I am so grateful for the mission. It’s changing my life.
But that’s all for now. I’m excited for the package... if you ever send it, Mom ha. [It’s on the way!] I hope you feel better!!! You’re in my prayers.
Remington, I’m sorry your sad bud, I am too, I miss Truman :( but the new dog will be a good one too (my votes a Husky ha...) I don’t really have any vote on the name.
Ryan, where is my email?!
Write me back if you can, I still have a lot of time! [And we did--see below.]
Love you all,
Elder Miller

 

Here are a few pics I took on the cell phone. A. gave me a Whopper! He works in the center of Curitiba (like 2 hours away) at a Burger King and he brought me a Whopper!  I have missed fast food –ha!
 



 
There’s also one from a steak from lunch yesterday. It was so good – I love that family. They always feed us super well… it’s the same family that let us Skype at their house on Mother’s Day.
 
 
Also, there is a pic of the street our house is on. It has been raining a lot and flooding the street. Ha.
 
 
Also, D. thought I was leaving this transfer, so she went to the center and got this jersey from my fav team—Coxa Branca, for me. It’s awesome! It’s original Nike (expensive here) and she put my name on it and the number 20 (Alex) the best player on the team. I love that family. Ha.
 

 

Interesting back and forth:

I said:
That is a lot of water on your street! Can you walk around it, or do you have to wade through it, sometimes? How are your shoes holding up? You’ve bought boots since you’ve been there, right? 

Elder Miller said:
Yeah, I bought and  destroyed a pair of boots already. My shoes are fine. Elder Cruz’s dad makes boots and is sending another pair for me.

I said:
Awesome! Nice to know people with great talents, huh? So how is it that your shoes have held up, but not the boots you actually bought in Brazil?

Elder Miller said:
Uh huh. I was using the boots a lot though and when you walk 10 miles a day on the dirt roads they don’t last long. Ha.

I say:
Ten miles!?

No comments:

Post a Comment