Monday, July 21, 2014

The Highlight of My Mission July 21, 2014



Well, this week was incredible. 

Of course I’ll start with the temple. It was the highlight of my mission . . .

Words can’t explain the feeling I had as I watched A., D. and their two little boys, all in white, kneel at the altar and be sealed for time and all eternity. Everyone cried. ha After the ceremony, I hugged them before leaving the sealing room, and A. and D. whispered "thank you" in my ear. Wow.

I was one of the testimonies [witnesses?] for the sealing, and as I watched I couldn’t help but think back to their condition when we started teaching. They were so lost in the world, and the gospel completely transformed their lives. I feel so blessed to have participated in their conversion.



Also, we baptized!!!! R.! He was an elect that fell from heaven. We were on our way to an appointment and we passed a store. A lady came out and told us, "My friend lives in that house and her son wanted to talk to you . . . I think he said something about wanting to be baptized in your church." We three looked at each other and smiled ha. We went there immediately and R. let us right in and said, "How great you guys are here, I’ve been waiting to get baptized for a while now." ha

He used to go to church, but never was baptized because he smoked . . . but now it’s been three years that he hasn’t smoked, so we taught him this week and he was baptized on Sunday!!! ha Miracle!

Mom, I’m glad the foot’s better. Your clay lamps look good. What’s the article for the Ledger about? Next time a patron yells at you punch them in the face. That’s what I do when people are rude here. ha JK [Just kidding]

Pops, sounds like the power cage is coming along. You think you’ll be done by the time I’m home?? Thanks so much for getting the Corolla fixed up. I’m so excited to have a car. If you paint it whatever color is fine . . . I guess the original would be the easiest right? But if I had a request I’d love to have some good speakers. As long as it runs and I have music to listen to I’ll be set. ha

Ryan, Niagra Falls? How did you make it up there??? It looks awesome . . . I want to see it, too . . .  They say Iguaçu Falls dwarfs it though. :) ha And the pageant looks cool. I didn’t know that many people participated. Do they do it every week or what?

Remi, send a pic in your new glasses, Bro!!! I bet you look like a stud!! Can’t wait to beat you up when I get home!

Love you all, I’ll send lots of pics! (That I took at the Temple.)

Elder Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment