Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Still in Almirante Tamandaré April 29, 2013


Oiiii!

So this week was a good one. We had transfers, but Elder Reeves and I are both staying! Which I’m very happy about. We both want to see the people we have been helping the past month get baptized, and this week we have found some elects to add to our group!

Just an update on the people we are teaching. R. and F. should be baptized this coming Sunday. A. and D., went to stake conference with us and loved it. It was all about the temple and I think they have a goal now to get married there one day!

This week we found a cool family that we contacted in the street. When we went there to teach them, they were all home waiting for us to get there (which is a rare thing). As we taught they had tons of questions. Mostly about prayer, as they hadn’t really ever prayed before. At the end of the lesson, after explaining about the book of Mormon and how they could get an answer through the Holy Ghost, we invited A. (the 26 year old son) to pray. I had written down the steps of prayer in the back of the book of Mormon we gave him, and I was a little worried he was just going to read word for word what I had put… But as he began he really begin conversing with Heavenly Father and I could tell by the sound of his voice he was getting a little emotional. He prayed for lots of things (their family has been going through some hard stuff) and I felt the spirit so much in the prayer. When he finished he said to us, a little teary eyed, "I don’t know if you guys will believe it, but I think I felt the Holy Ghost you guys were talking about." He described how warm and peaceful he felt during the prayer and how he had never felt that before. It was an awesome experience and it’s made a lasting impression on me, and taught me even more about the power of prayer.

We also marked a baptismal date for a young lady we are teaching in Itaperuçu (a small town about 45 min away from Almirante Tamandaré) when we asked her if she had read and prayed about the Book of Mormon, she said she had but she wasn’t sure if she got an answer. She said after she prayed she felt like crying, but not because she was sad... it was more of a happy cry ha. We then explained that for sure it was an answer from our heavenly father, and then taught about how knowing the Book of Mormon is true, means she knows that this is Christ’s church. It was an awesome experience to and I’m excited to keep working with her.

Mom and dad, Italy looks awesome! Mom you look pretty, and Dad you look like a boss in your leather jacket ha. I’m so excited to Skype you here in another week or so! I want to hear all about it!

Remi, good job on working hard. Your email made me laugh a lot! I’m sure proud of you though buddy.

Mom to answer your Q's! Yes I got my card! Thank you for sending it, and thanks for the letters Mom and Remi!

I would love that big jar of peanut butter in the next package ha! Other than that I do not need much.  

I am kinding of needing something else but it’s a big thing. When I was in Bon Sucesso, we were going around Sunday morning grabbing investigators for church and a barbwire fence ripped my suit pants a little. The holes have been growing a bit lately ha, but I can make it work for a while longer!

Thanks for all you do though! I’m so happy the Italy trip was awesome! I miss you all and think about you every day! Having an awesome family like you helps me get through the hard days and remember how blessed I am.

I love you all,

Elder Miller
 
PS  Mom... the [preparedness] fair looks awesome! I bet it was a huge success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment