Monday, January 28, 2013

What a week. January 28, 2013

Here's a photo of a sign I painted for a service project with recent converts (I love this family)

and one from the baptism!!



 [I looked it up, and "costureira" means seamstress!]



Oiiiiii,

So, this week was another good one! I feel like all my emails start of like that!! But its true! They have all been good weeks!

We had two baptisms! M. and K.! They are the young kids we have been working with for a while and teaching them a lot. (I think we've been teaching them for over a month and half) And it was so cool to help them get baptized! I love those kids!! Their family is awesome, too! We are working with the rest of them...

Also, this week we have found lots of new investigators and had a lot of progress with a few of the families we have been teaching... I'm not sure if you remember Luis ( I baptized him). We have continued working with his family... And it's been difficult, his dad is a singing pastor for a few churches. He was pretty closed to our messages for a while... and he was one of the 13 investigators that heard about baptisms for the dead... and wasn't happy. But we went there this week and explained it all, and immediately after, he had a testimony of the importance of batismos pelos mortos! haha It was awesome. And now he has quit drinking coffee and he and his wife have a date for baptism this Sunday!

Also, this week, we were at the house of a Sister in the ward, trying to help her come back to church. And one of her little kids came running in and said the train hit a man (the train tracks are right behind her house and we had just heard it go by). So we went running to see what happened, and when we got there there were a few other people looking at him... I checked to see if he was breathing (he wasn't). It was pretty gruesome and sad.

But this week we found his wife and family (4 young kids) and we have an appointment to teach them this Wednesday. I know the message of the Plan of Salvation can bring her comfort and I'm excited to share.

Also, this week we were tracting, clapping doors, and we clapped one and an old lady invited us in. When we got there, we saw 5 young kids sitting on the couch (16 and 17-year-olds) and they all had Bibles ha.. I thought, oh boy, here we go. ha But then we talked to them and found out they were a youth group from another church traveling and sharing scriptures... and we asked if we could share a message with them : ) We shared the message of the Restoration and when I told of the First Vision, one of the  boys cried a little. It was really cool and we all felt the Spirit.  We used lots of scriptures from the Bible, too... because one of them didn't want to read anything out of the Book of Mormon (He probably heard it's "of the devil"), but by the end of the lesson he wanted a copy. They don't live in our area, but we got their addresses and sent them to other missionaries and hopefully they will have success! It was awesome though to teach a youth group, ha.

But thats all for now.... oh! Yes, I would like my jump rope, Mom! Also, thank you for getting all the package ready.

Oh, also this week... We were supposed to hear from Dallin H. Oaks, but he wasn't able to make it, so we heard from the Presiding Bishop and two members of the 70 and it was a super cool experience. It wasn't an apostle, but the next best thing! ha

And I got the Valentine's cards Mom and Dad and Remi!! Thank you. haha Dad, thanks for what you wrote! LOL

But that's all for now,

I'll send pics too.

I love you all!!!

Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment