Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Last One (Ones) August 18 & 19

War Party!!! They fought the good fight on!!!
We love you guys!--President and Sister Montiero

Wow. Last email.

I’m drained . . . ha It’s been hard to sleep this past week, because I’m nervous/sad/excited, but mostly excited to see you all.

Yesterday we baptized!! M. . . . is the daughter of an older couple in the ward. The parents are recent converts and were less active three weeks ago when we found them. But we have successfully re-activated the family and now baptized the oldest daughter (M.) I’ll send pics. She is pregnant, and it’s a high risk pregnancy, so the baptism was a little awkward. ha I kneeled down and she sat and I had to like hug her . . . but it worked out, and it was a spiritual moment. :)

We’re going to work our butts off this week. And hopefully I’ll get to see 2 more baptisms before I head home. The man we were going to baptize two weeks ago, has been coming to church by himself for four weeks now, and he is so ready to be baptized. Hopefully, President will see that, too and we can baptize him this Sunday.

F., a man I taught in my last area (the one who gave me the Brasil jacket) was an “eternal investigator” (someone that goes to church forever, but never wants to get baptized). I told him I wanted to see his baptism, before I left and he said ok. So it’s going to be this Saturday!!! He is awesome . . . and he is for sure going to be Bishop someday!!! I’m stoked!!!
  
It’s going to bitter-sweet, going home. It’s so good to be an "Elder."  The mission has truly changed my life and I am so grateful I served. Thank you Mom, Dad, Ryan and Remi, for all the support, emails, letters, packages and love. You are the best. I love you all.

ELDER Miller

PS My comp is letting me hook my camera up, but I’ll show the pics of the baptism next week.
  
Trunky Scripture
John 1:13-14
13 I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:
14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face.


[Sadly, we had to contact Elder Miller again on Tuesday to let him know of the passing of his last grandparent. Scott's mother, Gail Miller, passed away on Monday evening. She was the one who opened the door and her heart to the missionaries many years ago, setting the Miller family in motion towards living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.] 



Well I was extremely sad to learn this morning that Grandma passed away. I really was looking forward to seeing her next week. She almost made it two years and right at the end she passed away.

If you want me to call, president said that I can. Personally, I felt like it would be better to email and talk next week in person.

I will miss Grandma a lot, especially as she was my last grandparent alive. She was so sweet. I miss hearing her soft voice and Southern accent on Sunday afternoon phone calls.

As sad as I am, I’m comforted to know we will all see her again. During the past two years my testimony of the plan of salvation has grown, and I know with certainty that we will see our loved ones who have passed away again. I look forward to seeing Grandma, healthy and happy in the next life.

I´ve learned in my mission that a scripture is worth a thousand words so I’d like to share a couple that bring me comfort.

Alma 28:12 “While many thousands of others truly mourn for the loss of their kindred, yet they rejoice and exult in the hope, and even know, according to the promises of the Lord, that they are raised to dwell at the right hand of God, in a state of never-ending happiness.”

Alma 11: 42 “Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death.”

Mosiah 16:8 “But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.”

I love you all so much. You are all in my prayers. Can’t wait to see you next week.

Love,
Elder Miller

What are the funeral arrangements?

[Wednesday evening Memorial Service in Grandma’s home ward. And Friday morning Graveside Service in Birmingham.]


No comments:

Post a Comment