Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Icing on the Cake August 12, 2013


Bom dia todo mundo!

This week was great and Sunday was the icing on the cake! I got to do two baptismal interviews... they both passed & were baptized... my talk in church went really well (we received 5 references afterwards of people to visit)... we had 10 investigators at church...and we baptized A.!! (I attached a pic)
It’s been a little crazy this week as the district leader. I had to do divisions with the other missionaries and baptismal interviews... and it was a little weird being out of my own area so much... but it all worked out well...
I went on a division with Elder P. ... a greenie from Chile... he's an awesome elder... He can be hard to understand. I understood about 80 percent of what he said (I think because my trainer was a Chileno), but the people we were teaching didn’t ... so I translated from Spanish to Portuguese and it worked out all right ha!

Dad! I’m sorry about your eye! There’s no risk of any serious problems anymore right (like going blind)? It sounds like your already recuperating well... but I’m still a little nervous for you!
Mom, I’m so excited to get my package! Faz tempo [It's been a while.*]!! Can’t wait to eat American candy.
Ryan... I can’t believe you’re going to graduate this semester already! That made me sad when I read that. You're an old fart... but BYU won’t be the same without you :(
Remington!!! Thanks for the email bud. I’m excited for the new dog!!! Are you?? I can’t believe you’re in tenth grade already! Stop growing up you punk! And take good care of Dad ok! Try and remind him as much as you can about finishing the garage workbench to help him recover as fast as possible. I’m sure that will help.

I love you all so much,
Elder Miller

*Thanks to Mariliana for sharing her native Portuguese skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment