Saturday, June 22, 2013

Beleza June 17, 2013


Oii tudo mundo,

This week was awesome. It was a challenging week, for sure, but really spiritually lifting.

Training has been really fun. On Monday we went to the center of Curitiba with all the other trainers, and had a conference with President Cordon and training on “how to train.” Afterwards we left and went and slept in elder Reeve's new area with IC [?] in the more industrial part of Curitiba.

Tuesday morning we went back to the center and had another little training and then went outside to wait for our "sons". haha [Missionaries call the Elders they train their sons…] We stood in a line and waited until the group of new missionaries turned the corner and we all started singing "Called to Serve." Then we all walked inside and had a little conference/pep talk from Pres. Cordon and met our new comps! My son’s name is Elder Cruz! He’s a shoemaker from Brasil, from Rio Grande Do Sul (the most southern state in Brasil). He’s an awesome guy!

This week we marked two baptismal dates... one of them being with D’s mom!! I think she is really firm and I am really excited to continue helping her!

Also E’s boyfriend came to church this week. He saw all the changes that E. made and said he wanted to change too! So we will be going by this week and teaching him!!

The work is really going well here in Tamandare and I know we will baptize this transfer!

Dad... HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!! I thought a lot about you this week and I wrote something* for you. I'm going to type it up and send it in an email after I send this one, because it would take a while to get there in a letter.

Mom I’m fine on money! But I’d love a package! Did you ever send the ham radio card or make the ham radio cards???

If you do send a package can you put reasons in there and Reese’s peanut butter cups and lots of fruity candy? ha I’m missing American candy and food!! And more deodorant would be great too :) love you, Mom. I’m excited you and Dad are taking dance classes and driving around with the top down. I hope I am as cool as you two when I’m an old fart! :)

Ryan... congrats on the sales, bro!!!! That’s a killer week. You are talented, bro!!! Keep it up.

Remington... "Big brother"??? I don’t think so ha. IDK why you signed your name like that, but you are still my little brother you punk ha. Have fun at scout camp and keep working hard to get that Eagle!!! Poor mom will be the only one without her Eagle haha
[I’ll have four, thank you very much!]

Well that’s all for now. I love you all and miss you all.

Tchau,

Elder miller


 

I was on a division with my District Leader and playing guitar at night... and it was a little cold in the house because they don’t have heaters… so I put the sheet on my head, and then Elder Een walked in and put the hat on my head, ha so he took a pic!

[Tissue warning: and excerpt from Elder Miller’s Father’s Day email.]

*Dad
I thought a lot about you this week ... I really can’t remember what day Father’s Day is (They don’t celebrate it here.) But I think it was yesterday, right? ha Regardless though, Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

I want you to know how much you mean to me and how much I look up to you ... not literally ;)

The other day I was studying, and I caught myself running my hand through my hair, exactly like you do when you read and study. I’ve noticed out here on the mish, how much I act like you ... it’s crazy!! From the way I stand and walk, to the cheesy jokes I make (and the devilishly handsome good looks) ... I am your spitting image. 

It’s funny how a son follows his father’s example. Not just with the big things, but even in the little mannerisms and personality. I think that’s why a father is so important ... Literally everything he does, will be mirrored by his sons, whether it be good or bad ... and for that reason, I am SO grateful for you, Dad. I am so grateful for your loving example, for your warm presence in my life, for the time you spent with me one-on-one, and for the way you raised me and my brothers ...

... thank you for everything dad. For your patience and love. I know it wasn’t easy raising me ha.

I hope one day I can be half the dad you are. That I can have a son writing me a “Father’s Day email” from some other country while he is on his mission ha.

I love you dad. I miss you A LOT. But I am so happy I’m here serving the Lord.

Love, your favorite son,
Elder Miller :)

No comments:

Post a Comment